Spring is here, and that means that homes in the area are going to be running their air conditioners with increasing frequency as the weeks and months go on. If your air conditioner is experiencing problems and needs a repair service, now is the ideal time to detect such problems. It gives you an early jump on repairs, which usually means they cost less (since the damage hasn’t had as much time to spread) and you can deal with them at a time of your choosing (since temperatures aren’t as high is they will be in just a few weeks).
Before you can fix the problem, however, you need to be able to identify it. While you should never attempt to diagnose a problem with your air conditioner formally, it doesn’t take an expert to spot the signs that something is wrong. Run your air conditioner for 15-20 minutes and look for the following issues:
- Warm Air, or at least air that isn’t as cold as you expect emerging from your vents.
- Low Air Flow, which can be caused either by a blockage of some sort or a problem with the fan apparatus.
- Higher-Than-Expected Bills, especially if you have not used your air conditioning system more often than normal.
- Strange Noises, which include anything you don’t normally associate with the running of your air conditioner. In most cases, those noises will start and stop with the starting and stopping of the air conditioner.
- Short Cycling, which is when the air conditioner turns on and off multiple times without running for very long in between.
If you spot these signs, or any indication that your air conditioner isn’t functioning as it normally should, turn the system off and call in a repair service.
For AC repair in McKinney, TX, always count on Earthwise Home Services to do the job.